Search This Blog

What to read?

Friday 12 August 2016

DIY room decor

Hi there!



Even though it's summer, today it was the coldest, rainiest and miserable day ever! Something I love doing when the weather sucks, is DIY-ing. Today I decided I wanted to make some room decor because I love adding new things to my room to change things up a bit. Changing up my room makes me feel so inspired and I love doing it. Another thing I love doing, is making collages. I think they're so personal and unique and they add just that little bit extra to your room. You can totally make them exactly how you like it and make them reflect who you are. 



So I went ahead and grabbed some of the magazines I always keep and started looking for inspiration. Since I love fashion, I really wanted to use pictures of models, clothes and anything else that's kind of related to fashion. I wanted to keep it very classy and I only used black&white, gold and a pinch of red. I really like the way these colours turned out together. To be honest, there is no exact technique to make a collage. It's just trying different things and changing it up until you like it. To give my collage some extra dimension, I glued my cut-outs on a canvas with a cheesy quote on I've had for ages. 

If you don't have a canvas, you can also use a picture frame or maybe something else. Be creative! The key to having a beautiful collage, is to cut out as many pictures you can. You can always throw the spare pictures away, but this way, you can choose out of many more different pictures. I find this so calming and relaxing. Just put on your favorite tv-show, light some candles and enjoy!



Love A

No comments:

Post a Comment